On 24 Oct. 2023, China’s Supreme People’s Procuratorate (SPP) released seven typical cases to prevent financial investment fraud,covering major financial activities such as funds, foreign exchange, stocks, futures, and insurance.
The SPP revealed common financial investment scams in these cases, aiming to enhance public awareness and ability to identify and prevent them, thereby better safeguarding their property.
The batch of fraud cases involves:
- impersonating fund or insurance companies, engaging in false online advertising, and luring people to invest with the promise of high returns;
- using bogus platforms for trading forex, stocks, or virtual currencies, fabricating investment profits, manipulating market trends, and defrauding victims of their assets;
- falsely claiming the endorsement of market analysis by renowned experts to trick investors into making high-value investments;
- illegal fundraising under the guise of transferring equity in New Third Board-listed companies; and
- using the lure of increased investment returns to entice victims to purchase financial services or software at inflated prices.
Contributors: CJO Staff Contributors Team