On 19 Nov. 2020, the General Office of the State Council issued the “Circular on Approval of the Establishment of the Ministerial Joint Conference System for Anti-Unfair Competition” (关于同意建立反不正当竞争部际联席会议制度的函), aiming to establish a ministerial joint conference system for anti-unfair competition led by the State Administration for Market Regulation.
The General Office clarifies the main functions of the joint conference are:
(1) to implement the decisions and deployments of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and the State Council on anti-unfair competition work, and strengthen the macro guidance of the anti-unfair competition work;
(2) to study and promote the implementation of major policies for anti-unfair competition work and measures;
(3) to guide and urge the relevant departments to implement their responsibilities for anti-unfair competition;
(4) to coordinate and solve major problems in the nation’s anti-unfair competition work;
(5) to organize and carry out the governance of hot issues of unfair competition and typical illegal activities, and strengthen relevant departments’ coordination and cooperation in fair competition work;
(6) to intensify the publicity and popularization of anti-unfair competition laws, regulations, and policies; and
(7) to complete other tasks assigned by the CPC Central Committee and the State Council.
Contributors: Yanru Chen 陈彦茹